The church of the future… the church that endures… the church that is standing in the end, is the church that leads from her knees. She fights the enemy outside, instead of her family inside her walls. She is quick to reconcile and restore, not exclude or ostracize. She offers healing and restoration, spirit, soul and body.
This church is not a hospital for disease research and nursing the infirmed, it is a healing source; a healing room filled with the presence of God, where the sick, the tired, the broken come and are miraculously healed renewed and restored. They are filled with strength to go and bring others to this healing source. This Church understands she is the vessel but He is the healing water; it is her hands extended, but He is the healing balm.
She walks into the darkness of evil, but never loses sight of the light of His grace. She constantly touches the unclean and dirty, but remains pure by the washing of His word.
She is always generous to the poor, yet never diminishes her wealth. Her resources are continually spent, but never run out. She daily walks in abundance and manages well the inheritance of His kingdom. Yet not, clinging to these things, she is ready to sacrifice all for His name sake.
This church operates in the power of God yet rests in the peace of God. She stand in awe of the greatness of her God yet walks in intimate friendship with Him. She knows her God in His Love and His Might.
This church travels to the ends of the earth, yet daily stays in the house of her God. She shouts boldly the good news of the Gospel, yet quietly endures rejection and persecution. This church runs with swiftness to rescue the lost and dying, yet sits patiently to hear His voice. Her arms are strong and prepared for battle yet in them she tenderly cuddles the newborn. This church is a mighty army, always marching forward, yet she is still a beautiful maid in waiting.
This church is not built with human hands but by the Spirit of God Himself, for His glory, for His purpose. He brings His building materials from the four corners of the earth. He builds her with the enduring qualities of faith, hope and love.
This church is without singleness of color, commonness of culture or unity of language, yet walks in such harmony that the whole earth will acknowledge her God as the one and only true God. There is room for all who come, none are turned away. She daily takes in the ugly, despised and rejected; the discards of the world… yet she is so beautiful that Jesus Himself will take her to be His bride.
When it comes to beliefs, doctrine, culture, preferences, traditions, lifestyles, politics, behavior, etc., New Generation takes an approach of unity, understanding, and love. We believe that in essentials there must be unity, in non-essentials – understanding, and in all things — love.
The essentials are the non-negotiable tenets of the Christian faith: God is love, man has sinned and is hopeless without God, Jesus died for all mankind and is the answer, the Bible is true, life is eternal, Heaven is real and Hell is hot.
On the other hand, however, understanding in non-essentials allows room for differences when it comes to secondary matters; we believe in freedom for conscience and wisdom to guide where the Bible is silent. This allows unity among the diversity of expressions found in the gatherings of New Generation Ministries International.
We believe that all truth must be balanced with other scriptural truth in order to avoid any extreme or fanaticism and we believe that moderation should show forth in our daily walk as a believer. Our goal must always be love and concern for our friends so that we don’t enjoy our freedom at the expense of their faith.
In this way, we are seeking to simultaneously heed the Bible’s commands to have sound doctrine (1Timothy 4:16; Titus 1:9, 2:1), to love our Christian brothers and sisters (1 Peter 4:8; 1 John 4:7-21), and to avoid unnecessary divisions (Romans 16:17; 1 Corinthians 1:10, 12:25; Titus 3:10).
- We believe in one God-Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Creator of all things.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, was crucified, died, was buried, was resurrected, ascended into heaven, and is now seated at the right hand of God the Father and is true God and true man.
- We believe the Bible in its entirety to be the inspired Word of God and the infallible rule of faith and conduct.
- We believe that all people have an inherited sinful nature and need to repent and receive Jesus as their redeemer.
- We believe in personal salvation by grace through faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ and confession of Jesus as Lord and Savior.
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead, the eternal happiness of the saved, and the eternal punishment of the lost.
- We believe in sanctification through the Word of God and by the Holy Spirit, and we believe in personal holiness, purity of heart and life.
- We believe in divine healing and deliverance provided in the redemption, through faith in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in water baptism and the observance of communion as holy ordinances.
- We believe the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is available for all believers and is distinct from the New Birth, with enduement of power and the evidence of the gifts and fruit of the Spirit.
- We believe in the Christian’s hope-the soon-coming, personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe evangelism and missionary work is the great commission and purpose of the Church.