When it comes to beliefs, doctrine, culture, preferences, traditions, lifestyles, politics, behavior, etc., New Generation takes an approach of unity, understanding, and love. We believe that in essentials there must be unity, in non-essentials – understanding, and in all things — love.
The essentials are the non-negotiable tenets of the Christian faith: God is love, man has sinned and is hopeless without God, Jesus died for all mankind and is the answer, the Bible is true, life is eternal, Heaven is real and Hell is hot.
On the other hand, however, understanding in non-essentials allows room for differences when it comes to secondary matters; we believe in freedom for conscience and wisdom to guide where the Bible is silent. This allows unity among the diversity of expressions found in the gatherings of New Generation Ministries International.
We believe that all truth must be balanced with other scriptural truth in order to avoid any extreme or fanaticism and we believe that moderation should show forth in our daily walk as a believer. Our goal must always be love and concern for our friends so that we don’t enjoy our freedom at the expense of their faith.
In this way, we are seeking to simultaneously heed the Bible’s commands to have sound doctrine (1Timothy 4:16; Titus 1:9, 2:1), to love our Christian brothers and sisters (1 Peter 4:8; 1 John 4:7-21), and to avoid unnecessary divisions (Romans 16:17; 1 Corinthians 1:10, 12:25; Titus 3:10).
- We believe in one God-Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Creator of all things.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, was crucified, died, was buried, was resurrected, ascended into heaven, and is now seated at the right hand of God the Father and is true God and true man.
- We believe the Bible in its entirety to be the inspired Word of God and the infallible rule of faith and conduct.
- We believe that all people have an inherited sinful nature and need to repent and receive Jesus as their redeemer.
- We believe in personal salvation by grace through faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ and confession of Jesus as Lord and Savior.
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead, the eternal happiness of the saved, and the eternal punishment of the lost.
- We believe in sanctification through the Word of God and by the Holy Spirit, and we believe in personal holiness, purity of heart and life.
- We believe in divine healing and deliverance provided in the redemption, through faith in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in water baptism and the observance of communion as holy ordinances.
- We believe the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is available for all believers and is distinct from the New Birth, with enduement of power and the evidence of the gifts and fruit of the Spirit.
- We believe in the Christian’s hope-the soon-coming, personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe evangelism and missionary work is the great commission and purpose of the Church.